Mold Effects on Health

Creating a healthy living space is one of the biggest achievements any homeowner strives for. Homeowners understand that if their space is made to be comfortable, walking, jumping, and doing their daily tasks are done without having any difficulty. Though it is ideal that every home should be able to provide a safe environment for its residents, getting there can be quite expensive, but that is not always the case. Sometimes creating a good habit will be enough to make your spaces more enjoyable to live in, and one example of this is getting rid of molds.

Though molds are often seen tucked away in the walls and/or floors of your crawl spaces, attics, and basements, these microorganisms grow in dark, damp, and humid spaces. Now, although they do not have the same appearance of vermin, they become a nuisance once spread throughout your homes. Not only do they weaken the structural integrity of your building – especially if they are made of wood – but are also the root cause of a lot of health-related issues.

How Does Mold Affect Your Health?

Sneezing due to molds

When molds need to start branching out, they release their spores into the air and they make their way into your vents and ductworks. Those that happen to latch on to a perfect surface will remain there and begin growing, but those that do not are always inhaled by those who are exposed to it. At a glance, it might seem like nothing has happened, but since the spores are invisible to the eye, a lot of people become unsuspecting victims of mycotoxin.

Mycotoxin is a harmful substance that is commonly found in

black mold . When a person has inhaled enough mycotoxin, it can lead to numerous symptoms and bodily discomforts. Some of these include:

  • Irritation of the eyes
  • Clogged or runny nose
  • Asthma attacks
  • Skin allergies
  • Breathing difficulties
  • Lung cancer

Find Your Local “Restoration Renegades” Today

If it’s Too Tough to Handle, Call in the Professionals

Getting rid of a simple patch of mold is easy, but when facing a large specimen, it is going to be extremely tough. Do not do this on your own because you are prone to using wrong and unreliable methods. Have those nasty molds remediated by your preferred or nearby restoration company today at Restoration Renegades. Give your families and your homes the proper atmosphere they need. Give us a call at 817-203-2575 or contact Restoration Renegades here to know more!